"Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?"
☯ chromatic-moon’s giveaway ☯
So I finally reached my goal and I am so glad for all of you sticking with me through my journey and I wanted to say thank you to everyone as well as make someones day ^.^
With that being said…
- Obviously this is for my followers so duh you have to be following me
- Reblog this post (as many times as you want).
- You can like this post to bookmark it or whatever, but it won’t count as an entry.
- No giveaway blogs please and thank you
- Must be 18+ or have parental permission. If you are chosen as the winner, be willing to provide me with your name and shipping address.
- Follow my instagram @supersmallzz for 1 entry C:
- You can make a post promoting my blog for 1 entry. Tag it with "chromaticmoon" so I get a notification about your post.
Total items: 29
- 1 healing salve/wax with Jojoba Oil/Karanja Oil/Sweet Almond Oil/Tea Tree Oil/Rosehip Oil and Beeswax handmade by me.
-Read more about its usefulness here.
*Not Pictured, will be made according to winners specifications*
- 1 “Be The Change" dreamcatcher with natural turquoise stone handmade by me.
- “Keep believing in yourself and your special dreams” an inspirational book (read more about it here)
- 1 bracelet handmade by me
- 2 tribal bracelets
- 1 necklace with cute animals on it ^.^
- 40 “Spiritual” incense sticks
- 10 “Bergamot” incense Sticks
- 10 “Tea Tree & Peppermint” incense sticks
- 20 “Bergamot” incense cones
- 1 incense cone dish
- 1 incense holder
- 2 fragrance oils in “Tea Tree & Peppermint” and “Bergamot”
- 2 floating flower candles
- 1 gardenia scented candle
- 1 pack of 4 Glade “Spiced Citrus Chic” oil candles
- 3 bookmarks
- 1 aztec pattern purse (one pocket outside, two open pockets inside and an inside zippered pocket)
- 1 of each - fools gold, hematite, rose quartz, tigers eye, small clear quartz, small pink turquoise, small amethyst
- 1 genuine deerskin leather pouchValue: Priceless ;)Giveaway ends in two weeks; 12:00am April 17th.
*this deadline may be extended if there is not enough response by that time**full release of Tumblr by each person participating. this giveaway is not associated with Tumblr (including, without limitation, it isn’t administered, sponsored, or endorsed by Tumblr). each person participating is giving information to me and not to Tumblr*
Circumhorizontal arc over Ohio, May 2009.
For a circumhorizontal arc to be visible, the Sun must be at least 58 degrees high in a sky where cirrus clouds are present. Furthermore, the numerous, flat, hexagonal ice-crystals that compose the cirrus cloud must be aligned horizontally to properly refract sunlight in a collectively similar manner.
Credit & Copyright: Todd Sladoje
The best of Ralph Wiggum
Report: Hundreds killed while defending environment, land rights
April 16, 2014
Hundreds of people have been killed while defending the environment and land rights around the world, international monitors said in a report released Tuesday, highlighting what they called a culture of impunity surrounding the deaths.
At least 908 people were killed in 35 countries from 2002 to 2013 during disputes over industrial logging, mining, and land rights – with Latin America and Asia-Pacific being particularly hard-hit – according to the study from Global Witness, a London-based nongovernmental organization that says it works to expose economic networks behind conflict, corruption and environmental destruction.
Only 10 people have ever been convicted over the hundreds of deaths, the report said.
The rate of such deaths has risen sharply – with an average of two activists killed each week – over the past four years as competition for the world’s natural resources has accelerated, Global Witness said in the report titled “Deadly Environment.”
“There can be few starker or more obvious symptoms of the global environmental crisis than a dramatic upturn in the killings of ordinary people defending rights to their land or environment,” said Oliver Courtney, a senior campaigner for Global Witness.
“This rapidly worsening problem is going largely unnoticed, and those responsible almost always get away with it,” Courtney said.
The report’s release followed a dire warning by the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which said global warming is driving humanity toward unprecedented risk due to factors such as food and water insecurity. Global Witness said this puts environmental activists in more danger than ever before.
Land rights are central to the violence, as “companies and governments routinely strike secretive deals for large chunks of land and forests to grow cash crops,” the report said. When residents refuse to give up their land rights to mining operations and the timber trade, they are often forced from their homes, or worse, it said.
The study ranked Brazil as the most dangerous place to be an environmentalist, with at least 448 killings recorded.
One case that especially shocked the country and the global environmental movement involved the 2011 killings of environmentalists Jose Claudio Ribeira da Silva and his wife, Maria do Espirito Santo da Silva.
“The couple had denounced the encroachment of illegal loggers in the reserve and had previously received threats against their lives,” the report said.
Masked men gunned down the couple near a sustainable reserve where they had worked for decades producing nuts and natural oils. The killers tore off one of Jose Claudio’s ears as proof of his execution.